It's friggin' frigid in my house and its making me angry. I'm in a bit of a bad mood today, even though I really have no reason to be. I saw a pretty good movie last night (The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford) and I've got passes to see Gone Baby Gone tonight, so the surplus of Casey Affleck in my life should at least make me a little cheery. So... in other news, I went to sunny California with my parents, my brother and sister, my cousin, and my Alex last week. It was pretty awesome, except that we all went down there in the same smelly minivan. Seven people, one minivan. It could be a horror movie tagline, for hell's sake. So that was awful. Me and Alex were planning on driving separately, but me ma borrowed my aunt's minivan at the last minute and insisted on extreme family togetherness. The drive down wasn't as bad as the drive back. My dad bought this rank black licorice, and my cousin and sister were eating copious amounts of Cooler Ranch Doritos and puffy Cheetos. And me and Alex were sitting in between these horrible smells. Oh, and did I mention that my dad scares the hell out of me when he drives? Its a miracle the man is still alive, the way he drives. But overall, the trip was good. I mean, who the hell is going to complain about Disneyland?
One bad thing about this trip, though, was that I'm pretty friggin' tired this week after getting back. And I missed a lot of possible haunted house time. I haven't been to a single haunted house this year yet. It's almost unbelievable, I know. Maybe tomorrow we'll hit one. I also haven't started on my costume, which probably means I won't do it. And considering I have no idea what I'm going to do on Halloween, I guess it doesn't matter. Except I'd make a pretty amazing Axl Rose. I mean, I've been working on my Axl impression for so long, it seems like a cryin' shame not to put it to good use at some point. And while we're on the subject, here's a link to just about my favorite magazine article of all time. Its about my favorite GNR song, "Sweet Child 'O Mine." Read it. It's awesome. I even included it in a lesson plan I wrote. Anyway, I better go and be productive. Later, folks.
1 comment:
I remember when we went to Disneyland. It was pretty sweet, minus the licorice/Cheeto smell and near death experiences on the way home.
Man, I really wish I was interested in this discussion that's happening in class. Oh well.
Post a Comment