
Yesterday was my last day teaching of 2008... It feels sooo good to be done for two whole weeks. I tell ya, there haven't been a lot of moments when I've felt satisfaction or a sense of accomplishment in my job, but when I shut my door yesterday (at around 5:30-6:00!) I was sort of proud of myself. I made it through half a year! I feel like things are getting better, which is such a relief.
Anyway, I read this story and it blew my mind: Burger King has its own cologne! It's called "Flame", and it can be yours for only $3.95, plus tax. A quote from the website: "Behold the scent of seduction, with a hint of flame-broiled meat." Suduction AND meat? Sold! Purchase your own here.
One other thing: I have a new show that I'm crazy about: Veronica Mars. We checked it out from the library on a whim, and it is completely awesome. I think the best way to describe the show is Twin Peaks meets Smallville. I'm about halfway through the first season and I'm pretty durn impressed.
3 comments:
I think that cologne is a rather silly idea. Just imagine the meeting where that idea occurred:
"We need a new idea. Something to top our franchised video games."
"What do people like?"
"It seems to me that people like our burgers. After all, people buy them."
"People also like smelling things. It's a fairly uncontrollable sense. Think about the times when someone nearby has broke wind. You're going to smell it, you can't help it. Even if you cower and cover your nose with your shirt, the best you'll do is smell the inside of your shirt."
"So people like our burgers and they like smelling?"
"Yes."
"What can we do about that?"
-Long silence-
"What if we made it so people could smell our burgers whenever they wanted to?"
"Smell like cooked meat? Brilliant!"
And that was that. A long that at that. In reality, I'm more curious about what ideas got shot down when this idea was devised. All the ideas someone came up with when someone else said "No, that's stupid."
i am surprised that it took you this long to pick up veronica mars. its a great show, although it ends kind of abruptly (not as abrupt as twin peaks though.) it is sad to me though that kristen bell's character on heroes is so poor since she did such a great job on her own.
btw, i met her a few years ago at a comic convention in LA. she was very nice. and very cute.
I was expecting some meat cologne for Christmas, but then I remembered that I come equipped with my own meaty aromas. Way to save money, babe!
Post a Comment