#1 According to Kauchak (1998) what are three functions of teacher questions? What role does technology play with accomplishing these functions?
The three functions of teacher questions are: assessing current understanding, increasing learner motivation, and guiding new learning. To be perfectly honest, I don't see how this article relates to technology. Teacher questioning is a very hands-on kind of activity. At first I thought you could put questions on a powerpoint, but this type of questioning needs to be flexible and should be more of a discussion. I think that perhaps with assessing current understanding, a teacher could do an online quiz or something. Other than that, I think that teacher questions should be very flexible and should be formulated to meet the needs of the students. Maybe I'll have more insight on this after class...
1 comment:
I also found it really hard to come up with ways you might question students through technology and I'm still not sure that I have any more ideas!
What I kind of got out of the article was that questioning is good and if we as teachers can figure out ways to implement this strategy into the classroom and w/technology it could only be beneficial.
Post a Comment