Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back to School...


So today was my second day back at the University. Sigh. And I might have made a fool of myself already in one or more of my classes. What can I say; that's how I roll. I have really been loving my break, but all good things must come to an end. At least I finished Lost before school started so I don't have to stay up late into the night, wondering about hatches and numbers and Others and such. Now I don't know what to watch. I would really like to watch Heroes when it comes out on DVD. I've heard good things about it.

Oh, and speaking of hearing good things about a moviefilm, Superbad got surprisingly good reviews! I really really liked it, but it didn't seem like the kind of movie to garner good vibes from the critics. But it was freaking hi-larious. Oh, I just read an article about how well the Freaks and Geeks cast is doing as of late, and it made me so happy. That show was brilliant and perfect and I miss it a lot. And its about school! Which is the theme of my blog today. And speaking of, anyone remember when Karen Filippelli from The Office was Karen Scarfolli on Freaks and Geeks?

And does anyone else think that the bullying Karen from Freaks could have grown up to become the slightly unpleasant Karen from The Office? Alex? Here she is, bullying Sam Weir. Its a good thing Jim is moving on to greener pastures in the next season. Definitely. As for me, I'm going to try not to feel like a freak or a geek in my upcoming semester. Although no matter how old I get, I think that I'll always feel like a bizarre mix of both Lindsay and Sam Weir on my first day of school. A freak and a geek forever. High five!

1 comment:

CitizenPain said...

Yeah, I think that Karen Scarfoli grew up to be Karen Filipelli. Here's how it all happens: So after Kim Kelly beats her up at the end of the episode in question, Karen Scarfoli comes to the realization that she has really hurt the one person who could have been a friend to her as a high school beeyotch. This in turn causes her to reevaluate her life thus far. After a few weeks, her cousin Jared comes to visit them. He tells the Scarfoli family about an awesome internship he got at Dunder Mifflin, an up and coming paper supply company located in New York. The prospect of getting a job at a developing business, especially one in New York vastly appeals to Karen. So, she finishes up high school, gets a bachelors in marketing, and heads for New York (her cousin has been in contact with her and has already secured her a spot in the newly opened Stanford branch of Dunder Mifflin paper supply company. The rest, as you know, is history.