Friday, December 21, 2007

Samuri I Amuri

Hey! It's almost Christmas. Hooray! And its Friday, which means some movies came out. I can't find the paper under all the snow we got, so I'm not exactly sure which ones, but I know Sweeney Todd is in the mix. I should be hard at work, planning lessons for when I start student teaching and studying for the huge test I have to take at the beginning of January, but instead I've been watching movies and playing Rock Band. Ah, procrastination. But if you've played Rock Band, I bet you know exactly what I'm talking about. That game sucks you in for hours. Oh well.

So I just watched two awesome movies in recent days. First of all, Alex's brother got us free passes to see an advanced screening of Juno, which was awesome. I've been really looking forward to this one, and it did not let me down at all! Plus, they gave out free shirts. High five! Anyway, the movie was terrific. I especially liked J. Jonah Jameson in it. That guy's consistently awesome. Also, it was great to see two of my favorite Bluths together in one movie. Little George Michael was very adorable and wore tiny shorts. So the moral of this story is: Go see Juno when it comes out. You will not be disappointed. Unless you suck a lot.

The second awesome movie I saw was called The Specials. Alex bought this one online because we are both big geeks over a man named James Gunn. For those of you who are not familiar with him, he wrote and directed Slither, which is one of the greatest movies ever made. Yeah, I said it. He also wrote the new Dawn of the Dead, was involved in several Troma movies, was in a band called the Icons, and was married to Pam from The Office. He's pretty rad. So anyway, me and Alex have been wanting to watch this movie he wrote and co-starred in, but its impossible to find in stores. So Alex ordered it online and we finally got to bathe in its splendor.

Lemme just say, I have no idea why this movie is not more popular. Its got a great cast (Thomas Hayden Church, Judy Greer, Rob Lowe, Jamie Kennedy...okay he's not great but he's well known!) and it's super funny. Its about the seventh greatest group of superheroes in the world! The movie's really funny and silly; kinda like Mystery Men, but more satirical and not so... all over the place, if you follow me. Anyway, everyone should go out and purchase The Specials. Give it to yourself for Christmas!

"We don't exist for the beautiful people of the world, Ted! We're there for the oddball, the rebel, the outcast, the geek!" Here's the only clip from the movie I could find on YouTube. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Shanna Blythe said...

Hey Sheree--I tagged you. You don't have to do it if you don't want to. Have a great Christmas!

CitizenPain said...

I loved Alien Orphan in The Specials. We should watch that movie again soon. It was balls to the walls.