Tuesday, February 19, 2008

If I were Bionic Woman, what would I wear?

Holy cow. I just went to this website and let me tell you, I am impressed. They showcase embarrassing artifacts from people's adolescence for the world to see. It reminds me of Freaks and Geeks, hence the title. My favorite bit? Behold!



This guy not only gave this video to Mortified, he also posted it on YouTube. Here's a section of his explanation:

"here's the thing. I made this, back in '87, because I was totally in love with this girl Heidi, and I was going to send it too her. after finishing it, I regained my sanity."

I love it! Heidi, you missed out on some sexy mullet love. I really want to get their book, because this is hi-larious. They even have a section for educators as a guide for using it in the classroom.

They've got all sorts of stuff, including stories, notes, and pictures (like these here). Here's another funny note that someone wrote when they were 12:

"I love you so much it's creepy. I have dreams about you practically every night, each one more passionate than the last. I even went to sleep at camp, just so i could dream about you. You are in my thoughts almostevery moment of the day. You pain me so much by saying you "Just wanna be friends." I cry for you, i care so much for you. Tell me what's holding you back? You know we probably won't stay together forever. I just want you so badly, i won't ever rest until i can get you! I don't want you to think I'm trying to stalk you or that i'm some kind of psycho. I just want you, and need you, and i need you to feel the same."

Here's the boy's response:

"seriously, jocelyn, i'm really sorry, but i can never be more than friends with you. stop writing me notes, it's not going to help."

Oh man, this stuff kills me... I bet if I looked, I could find a note written to me by a boy that really freaked me out. You know, this is why I hate the fact that I kept a diary when I was younger. I read back over it in shame. At least it isn't on the internet, I guess. Oh man, hopefully I don't read over these blog posts in 20 years and think the same thing! Gasp.

Anyway, check out the site. Its pretty much awesome.

2 comments:

CitizenPain said...

I'm working on my own sweet music video set to an 80's love ballad that's dedicated to you. I just need to allow my mullet to grow into the danger zone.

Anonymous said...

The video actually made me hurt inside, like, I was watching a holocaust of some sort...it was that kind of hurt.