Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday morning's for Road House 2

Yeah, that's right. I'm watching Road House 2: Last Call, featuring the un-Swayze-like Johnathan Schaech. For those of you that are regular readers, you might remember that I adore Road House. Two words: Throat ripping. It is so damn awesome. For those of you who are uninitiated (which you should remedy by running, not walking to your local movie rental store of choice), the movie is about a "legendary" bouncer named Dalton, played with panache by The Swayze. Dalton, who has a degree in philosophy (?), is hired to clean up a trashy bar called the Double Deuce and ends up doing battle with the corrupt town leaders. If this hasn't convinced you to watch it, I'll just say that it was directed by a guy named Rowdy Herrington. Awesome.

This brings me to Road House 2. I guess that the main guy is supposed to be Dalton's grown-up son, who is now a member of the DEA. And I guess Dalton is dead to start the movie. Completely lame. I'm not particularly impressed by this one. However, Jake Busey is the bad guy, which makes me like it just a little bit more.

4 comments:

jordan said...

yep. still think the original is one of the best worst movies ever.

"pain don't hurt."

Meghan said...

You blog always kills me. Although, I really am tempted to rent the awesomely terrible "Road House."

Quick question: I have a friend in the teaching program this year and she is looking for an English teacher to work with in the Davis school district: Do you maybe have a recommendation of the teacher you worked with or any that you saw? She's getting pretty worried about finding an STE, so any suggestions would help. If you have any, just put them in a comment on my blog. Thanks lady!

Sheree said...

Jordan! You have a blog? Nice. I'll have to check it out!

CitizenPain said...

That was a good day. Jake Busey rocked that movie.