First of all, Alex and I have started watching Spaced. Oh my goodness, Spaced is muy brilliante. It is done by the guys who did Shawn of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, which should be enough to convince any sane person that it is probably awesome. Not only is the show hi-larious, the whole thing is packed full of geeky pop culture references. Check it out. Second, we also started watching My So-Called Life (which we found at the library to check out...awesome). I had never seen it before, but I'm kind of in love with it in all its angsty glory. Oh, that Leto and his dreamy eyes...
Disappointingly, I haven't seen any good movies in theaters lately. We did see Tropic Thunder... Now, I know that a lot of people really liked it, but personally, I didn't dig it. Not a fan. I am interested in seeing Burn After Reading which might end my movie slump. I'll let y'all know if I like it...
5 comments:
I'm glad that you like Spaced and My So Called Life. They're quite transcendental.
Tropic Thunder is transcendental too!
C'mon...you are way too serious not love that movie.
Just close your eyes and think of Downey Jr. as a black man. Pure hilarity!
I dunno dude. Tropic Thunder just took the whole "movie that satirizes how stupid movies are" motif way past the funny point and into the dark realm of self-indulgence (kinda like the idea of putting Tom Cruise in a fat suit).
Though Downey Jr. was pretty awesome, the movie as a whole felt like a very elitist inside joke.
Damn you hipsters! Dwelling on the irony and skepticism of the world as opposed to Jack Black talking about "stroking the shaft, cradling the balls, and drinking the gravy!"
There's nothing elitist about that. Its awesome.
Wait, you read i my blog and still refer to us as hipsters? Nice.
Post a Comment