So I went to see Quantum of Solace on Friday, which was fantastic. Now, don't get me wrong, it was no Casino Royale, but it was strong nonetheless. I really sort of love Daniel Craig. Also, strangely, I sort of love Judi Dench. Call me crazy, but they're just so awesomely sexy. It got me thinking about my favorite James Bond movies... So I have compiled a mini-countdown. Granted, I haven't seen every single James Bond movie, so this list is extremely subjective. So heeere we goooo--My top five James Bond movies:
5. From Russia with Love
4. Diamonds are Forever
3. Live and Let Die
2. Goldeneye
1. Casino Royale
My first three are sentimental favorites. I went through this Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman phase when I was a kid, so I loved Live and Let Die. Also, I loved the theme song (actually, the GnR version is pretty damn cool).
Goldeneye is a given. Especially since the video game is probably my favorite game EVER! And I'm pretty durn good at it. If anyone wants to challenge me, I'll whip out my N64 and we'll have an epic battle! (And I'm not kidding either. I've been lonely since we moved. Come hang out with me... I would even maybe let you win.)
Casino Royale, though, can't be topped for me. It's epic. Soooo friggin' good. I love it.
Some other stuff that I've been enjoying lately: Campbell Brown and D.L. Hughley on CNN. I've been watching "No Bias, No Bull" for a little while now, but I just saw my first episode of "D.L. Hughley Breaks the News." I was really impressed with it, though. He was funny, engaging, and respectful to his guests, even when he disagreed. I'm going to have to watch more often.
Also, I really like Bad Brad Wheeler on KRCL in the afternoons. He plays really awesome, interesting music, and I like his style on the air. It doesn't hurt that he plays the Detroit Cobras on a semi-regular basis. If you've never listened, check it out! 90.0, 2-6 in the afternoon. I listen to it on my drive home.
3 comments:
Goldeneye on N64 is boss!
Hey did you every find that shortcut?
I also like all of those things that you wrote about! And thanks for not making fun of the fact that I dozed off a bit during Quantum of Solace.
Oh Alex, I felt pretty bad for you. I kept thinking "I should nudge him to get him to wake up" but then you woulda just gone right back to fighting the sleep.
I freaking loved Quantum of Solace. It made me super-excited for a next one. I'm much more of a fan of continuous series that are well done than individual blocks involving the same characters.
Post a Comment