Monday, January 12, 2009

Lists! Pert Near Perfect Seasons of TV + The Year in Burgers

So, I kept trying to make a top movies of 2008 blog, but I didn't see enough awesome movies. So instead, I've compiled a list of nearly perfect seasons of television. Feel free to suggest new shows; I need something new after Veronica Mars.

1. Twin Peaks Season 1 : Obviously. I even thought that Veronica Mars had a whiff of Twin Peaks about it.

2. Freaks and Geeks Season 1 : Tragically, also the whole series. Someone will not pass go OR collect 200 dollars when they die for this one.

3. Veronica Mars Season 1 : Super fantastic. Season 2 was good, but not as wonderful. Funny story: After I watched this show, I dreamed that Logan was in one of my classes. Weird.

4. Lost Season 4 : Lost! Is coming! Again! Hooray...

5. Firefly Season 1 : 've said enough about this. I think all I need today is a picture... Oh yeah...

6. Arrested Development Season 2 : It's just so funny. Like this part:

Tobias: Well, Michael, you really are quite the Cupid, aren’t you? I tell you, you can zing your arrow into my buttocks any time.
Michael: Okay, you know what you do? You buy yourself a tape recorder, you just record yourself for a whole day. I think you’re going to be surprised at some of your phrasing.
Tobias: Butterscotch! Want a lick?

Honorable Mention:

BSG Season 2. This one only gets honorable mention because (like most of the seasons of BSG), it has a few notable pile-o'-crap episodes. The worst offender? Lee Adama's "hooker with a heart of gold" episode--"Black Gold." Alex also hates the next episode, "Scar," which I tend to agree with. I was so happy when they killed off Kat's character.

On the flip side, however, most of Season 2 is amazing, particularly the Pegasus episodes. Gaius and the Six? Cain and Adama's stare-downs? Priceless.


Ready for another list? Check out this 2008 hamburger retrospective. It's pretty awesome. Burgers R Great!

3 comments:

CitizenPain said...

Man, even from a heterosexual perspective, Nathan Fillion has a nice ass.

Anonymous said...

I think he goes to my gym.

Ryan said...

Dude, how could you leave out Saved by the Bell Season 4? Slater tackled some tough shit that year.