Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm so angry, I just want to dance

So I have 2 weeks and two days left of teaching.... The kids are going crazy, like that one episode of Johnny Bravo when he used chili instead of hair gel and all the squirrels attacked his head... My students are the rabid squirrels in this crappy metaphor. I don't think you need an English teacher to tell you where that leaves me. Sigh. Also, as we creep closer to summer, the temperature's rising. As you may recall, we have no air conditioning at my school. It turns my room into a hellish inferno. But... almost two weeks left! Eye of the tiger.

On days like today, however, I don't want to focus on the positive. I just want to... dance!



Just kidding. I really just want to slip into a Del Taco-induced food coma with old reruns of Seinfeld flickering in the background.

I can't really embed that clip without including this one. So clever. I wish I could have gone to Flight of the Conchords. It would've been really nice if someone would have offered to get us tickets when they scored theirs...

Enjoy!

3 comments:

CitizenPain said...

If you ever need an angry dance partner, just let me know. I can angry dance with the best of 'em!

Neal said...

Angry dancing for the win!

I would also enjoy a round of angry dancing. I'm sure I could find something to be angry about on a whim, or I could whip myself into a sympathetic anger.

Ryan said...

Flight of the Conchords was so freaking awesome. I loved the part when they walked out on stage in their robot costumes. And then the parts when they sang songs were great, too. And there were these other parts where they just said funny stuff. Really funny stuff. I think you would have enjoyed it. Really enjoyed it.

The most tragic thing, from your point of view, is that Kelly didn't want to go anyway and about three or four weeks ago she had talked me out of going too. I thought to myself "well, when Alex graduates from college, I can just give him the tickets and he and Sheree can go and have themselves a fine time." But then Alex refused to invite me to his graduation celebration so I really only ended up even going to the show because of Alex's betrayal and rejection.