Monday, June 25, 2007

Read This Now!

So I just read an awesome book (that was in no way read for a college class-- hooray for reading for pleasure!) that I would recommend to anyone who might venture forth across my blog. Its called Blankets by Craig Thompson. If you've never read a graphic novel before, this is a great place to start. Its this great coming-of-age story about religion and family and first love and all those awkwardly painful parts of growing up. Its beautifully written and awesomely drawn. And if you're interested, don't be intimidated by the hugeness of the book. I read it in about two hours, maybe less. I was incredibly impressed by its quality and by how sucked in I was by the story. And so far, the only person who actually listens to my book recommendations, my gentlemen love, really liked it as well.

No comments: