Thursday, November 29, 2007

New life goal: Open a roller disco with Tommy Lee Jones

So I recently watched Xanadu for the very first time. And let me say, Xanadu was a movie unlike any I had seen before. There was an animated sequence, an all-neon alternate universe, Swan from The Warriors in incredibly small shorts, and lots and lots of roller disco. All I can say is... Wow.

I also went to see No Country for Old Men, which was incredible. What an intense movie. Every muscle in my body was tense. After we got out of the theater, my stomach was in knots. I almost couldn't eat my Denny's. Almost. No, it was a friggin great movie. And I've decided that Tommy Lee Jones has a beautiful face. His wrinkles are so intricate and deep; he is so interesting to look at. And he's a good actor to boot.

So I am really really stressed out. I'm getting to the point in the semester when I want to light myself on fire. I've got a helluva lot to do and next to no motivation to do it. Also, I'm starting to panic about student teaching. It is going to suck, especially the two weeks I have to sit in my site teacher's classroom all day without taking over the class. I've got to be there teacher contract hours! Ug. I think observations are mostly just a waste of my time. I just hate this all so much, I almost can't begin to describe it. And PS, certain members of the blogging community, trite and semi-assish comments about it really do not help. This is a seriously scary thing and a big deal. So don't be a DB about it. And if you don't know what that means, ask Danny.

Anyway, I hope its all worth it. I'm at threat level midnight.

3 comments:

CitizenPain said...

Xanadu was definitely one of the most bizarre movies I've ever seen. I'm starting to think that I dreamed up parts of it, 'cuz I was in and out of sleepy time throughout the whole movie. But if you remember the animated sequence, I guess it was real after all....
Oh, and you're going to be an awesome teacher. I have seen it in my palantir.

sorensenpower said...

I loved how you never stopped sighing through out all of no country for old men.

ALL of it!

Anonymous said...

Teaching is like Xanadu, you've got to believe!
(I've also seen into my palantir...and Alex was dancing with gorillas, so...Oh dammit!! Damn you Sauron! Damn you!!!)