So Alex bought me the new G N' R album--the mythical Chinese Democracy. At first, I was worried. After all this time, would Axl still have the magic? I opened 'er up and gave 'er a listen. Track One left me underwhelmed. Not bad, but not what I want after 50 thousand years of waiting. Thankfully, soon I got to track three. Ooooh, track three. It's called "Better," and you can check it out here. I think it's got more of that classic G N' R vibe. All in all, it's not a perfect album (hello, no Slash!), but it still makes me happy. It reminded me of a better time, before Axl looked like this. Just fyi, blog readers: I have not yet given up on my dream to front a GnR cover band. Just gotta find my Slash!One other noteworthy event happened to me this week: Bacon and eggs ice cream.
Yes, that's correct. Alex, Neal, and I went to this restaurant in Provo, and I ordered me some bacon and eggs ice cream for dessert. It was bacon ice cream with a piece of candied bacon on the side, complete with cinnamon toast rounds and a smear of chocolate sauce. Sound strange and disgusting, you say? Well, you'd only be partially right. I definitely was strange, but it was friggin' delicious. Really sweet, slightly salty and crunchy... perfect.
6 comments:
Man, that place was so odd. Whenever I watch the Food Network I always think it's so silly that so much emphasis is placed on making this great presentation on the plate. The food should be about taste, not looks. But then I end up thinking that such food probably is fairly awesome tasting. Good looking food only makes good tasting food better. This place forgot to make the food taste awesome though. It sure wasn't bad, it was just rather bland. Except for Alex's "Two-Fisted Pork Chops."
How did you get your G'nF'nR on Saturday? I'm G'nF'n jealous.
I like the album, too, although with the absence of Slash and everyone else, it's really more of an Axl solo record. Don't love it, but I like it. Both Shackler's Revenge and Better are really good songs, I think. Sorry's pretty classic Axl, too. Street of Dreams and Scraped are the only songs I think kind of suck.
I also fully support you in your cover band pursuits. You should do an all chick version, the way Hells Belles does for AC/DC. You could call yourselves Rocket Queens.
Oh yeah...have you read THIS?
I really want this G'n'R tribute band to happen, babe. I'll keep my eye out for potential members.
Sheree, I love your blog. It cracks me up every single time I read it.
I like bacon.... (sniff)
Post a Comment