Thursday, February 5, 2009

I love it

Today I bought a 7 dollar bar of chocolate. However, it isn't just any chocolate bar--it's Mo's Bacon Bar by Vosges Haut Chocolat. That's right. Bacon. I couldn't resist. I already wrote about the joys of bacon-related desserts. They can be sooo good. I haven't eaten it yet; I'm going to wait for Alex. Otherwise, I'm worried I would just eat the whole thing without waiting for him to try any.

It even has special instructions on how to eat it: "Breathe...engage your 5 senses, close your eyes and inhale deeply. Be in the present moment, notice the color of the chocolate, the glossy shine. Rub your thumb over the chocolate bar to release the aromas of smoked applewood bacon flirting with deep milk chocolate. Snap off just a tiny piece and place it in your mouth, let the lust of salt and sweet coat your tongue." I'm so excited!

I know that seven dollars is a little ridiculous to spend on chocolatey goodness, but I have a crazy-awful cold. Teaching with a cold sucks. I sound like Kathleen Turner during the mannish years and there's nothing worse then having a runny nose while trying to look impressive in front of people. Also, I puked the other day--I don't even want to mention how gross it was. So anyway... I think I deserve it!

UPDATE: I just tried the bacon chocolate. Wow. Mmmm, mmmm good, and also awesomely strange. I definitely let the lust of salt and sweet coat my tongue. Delicious!

6 comments:

Neal said...

Weird. I enjoy chocolate with items as much as the next person, but I think bacon and chocolate is so far out there that you'd have to completely bypass the flavor additives in the chocolate and straight up dip strips of real bacon.

As much as I am not the biggest fan of pork anymore (never really was actually) I think real chocolate dipped bacon could entice me enough to take a bite. It sounds so wrong that it would have to be right. Right?

Anonymous said...

So fantastically strange! Where did you buy that thing?
Gonzo!

Ryan said...

Thank you so much for posting this! As much as bacony chocolate doesn't appeal to me, the idea that you spent $7 on it makes me feel a little better about buying action figures.

If you'll buy around 3,500 of those things, Sheree, you'll really be taking a load off my conscience.

Whaddaya say?

CitizenPain said...

Such pleasures were not meant for the world of man, but I'm glad you bypassed the fiery sword wielding angel to get it and bring it to us. Yet, I can't help but feel that some ominous repercussion will come about as a result of such defiance.

sorensenpower said...

Bacon is good. Next, I predict a chocolate covered porkchop.

Neal said...

This has nothing to do with this post, but needs to be said.

Since I have been spending so much time sitting and staring at my computer screen (sometimes that's honestly what I do) of late, I've taken to getting as much respite as I can in quick breaks.

These breaks mostly involve checking to see if a particular website has been updated or not, then it's back to programming (or trying to program in most cases since no real programming is accomplished).

One such site is your blog. It's got a list of all other blogs I check (minus two) and I can see if you or anyone else has posted something. Needless to say, with so much sitting and staring going on I check your blog probably three of four times a day. Not kidding.

Each time I check I am in somewhat of a diminished mental state (refer to the above mentioned programming or lack there of) and in need of a good pick-me-up. When your site loads and the music player starts, about 50% of the time it is Sweet Child o Mine and this sense of elation builds up inside of me and I say "Yes, things are good." Then I listen to the song and get back to work.

Huzzah for the GnR! And huzzah for Sheree!