I am completely amazed at just how good the seventh book was. It was brilliant and beautiful and I loved every minute of it. It exceeded all my expectations, and I can't wait to start it again. (I finished it a few days ago; me ma borrowed my copy.) At this point, I can't help but feel a little bit of melancholy. I have lived with and loved this series, these characters for so long that it is hard to say goodbye. That completely wonderful ending helped a little, though. It must have been so hard for J.K. Rowling to write! Me and Alex were reminded of that part in Kill Bill: Vol. 2:
Budd: So, which "R" you filled with?
Elle Driver: What?
Budd: They say the number one killer of old people is retirement. People got 'em a job to do, they tend to live a little longer so they can do it. I've always figured warriors and their enemies share the same relationship. So, now you ain't gonna hafta face your enemy on the battlefield no more, which "R" are you filled with: Relief or Regret?
Elle Driver: A little bit of both.
Budd: Bullshit. I'm sure you do feel a little bit of both. But I know damn well you feel one more than you feel the other. The question was, which one?
Elle Driver: Regret.
So anyway. Deathly Hallows was incredible and I loved it entirely. I can't imagine a series coming out that I love this much, but I hope that maybe someday...
5 comments:
I didn't read your entire post yet because I'm only half way through the book. I'll let you know what I thought when I'm done.
the Potter release party on friday night at Barns and Noble rocked though. I'm sad that an event like that will never happen again :(
Definite regret. What will be next to challenge us? Who will dare confront us in the arena of ass-kickingly cool? What will be the next midnight release that stirs up an excitement that forces us to go to Pirate-o's and buy lots of Jolt(tm) cola in order to have our senses fully sharpened in order to enjoy something that appeals to us on a completely abstract and surreal level? Alas, I do not know. sigh.
You should read the Eldest trilogy. It's way better than Harry Potter anyway.
Christopher Paolini is GOD!
Freaking "anonymous" is an idiot. I read a chapter of the first book of that trilogy and wanted to gouge out my own eyes with a garden trowel. That freaky kid who wrote them is a waste. A Waste! Cheers!
I'm sad that Harry is over with too and I thought she did a good job of wrapping up the series.
Post a Comment