So I went to see Order of the Pheonix (Thou shalt spell the word “Phoenix” P-H-E-O-N-I-X, not P-H-O-E-N-I-X, regardless of what the Oxford English Dictionary tells you) last night at midnight, naturally. As for now, I will say that I really liked it. Not that it was without flaws, but it had some brilliant bits in it. For example: Umbridge was perfect. Truly and evilly awesome. Luna was really good. Bellatrix was spot-on. I loved the parts with Sirius, who is perhaps my favorite character of the series. I also loved his velvet blazers. Nice! However, at this point I'm so freaking excited for the seventh book that my little heart doesn't have room for much more.
Stephen King (who I am convinced is one of my kindred spirits) wrote this awesome column on what he called "pop dope," which you can find here. This man is brilliant. He writes about such awesomeness as BSG, The Ruins, and, of course, Harry Potter, saying, "These are the Quarter Pounders of the soul we're talking about, Big Macs of the mind, cheese fries of the imagination." Now that's what I'm talking about...
No comments:
Post a Comment