Friday, September 7, 2007

Spamalot and School

So the other day I went to see the musical Spamalot. We got half-price student rush tickets and the show was pretty good. Its very silly and fun. I took my dad, and I think he liked it more than the rest of us. He loves Monty Python and all that. We also went back to that burger place (awesome!) Man, this picture of Spam makes me kinda hungry. I really love Spam, especially when its fried. Yum...

You know, its about this time of the day where I get really really sleepy. I could probably take a nap on this keyboard right now. Its a good thing I'm listening to "Bust a Move" by Young MC or else I'd be in trouble! I am SO glad its Friday, I can hardly stand it. This school year has already felt long... I've been observing classes three mornings a week and lemme tell you, it has been so freaking boring. I mean, I understand why it is a part of the teaching program, but the majority of the classes I've observed have nearly put me to sleep (not entirely a hard task, see above). Today was better, though. I went into an ESL class that I've tutored in before, so I got to work with the students, which is a lot of fun. One teacher today was a complete bitch to me at the beginning of class, then was all friendly at the end. It was terrifying and strange. The teacher I observed with yesterday was about ten billion years old, wore a wig, and was shockingly bad at her job. I feel bad for students, I tell ya. Another thing, I'm so sick of snotty. stand-offish older, established teachers. Its like they treat me bad just because I'm young, new, and kickass. It freaking makes me so mad.

You know what else makes me mad? Male prospective math teachers (not always, but I've got two specifically in mind). I mean, do they all have to be variations of the ultimate jerk geek Kent from Real Genius? Maybe that's mean. It is mean. I apologize. But who doesn't love Kent? Here's my favorite Kent moment:
Kent: You're all a bunch of degenerates.
Chris Knight: *We* are? What about that time I found you naked with that bowl of Jell-O?
Kent: You did not.
Chris Knight: This is true.
Kent: Look, it was hot and I was hungry, okay?

Anyway. No more complaining for me today. Its Friday! I have one disc of Entourage and one disc of Big Love waiting for me at home! Life is good.

4 comments:

Ms. Burnell said...

Sheree!!

Oh my hell, I miss you in my classes! I check your blog a few times a week because, without fail, you make me laugh and lighten my day. Now, wouldn't you be threatened by a young, kick-ass teacher when you know that you basically suck in every way? Of course you would be...have compassion on those who could not possibly understand that their best course of action is to embrace the kick-ass young 'un! And, by the by, I am going to take my beef-loving, cheese-loving, anything fried-loving husband to this burger joint -- it better be as good as you say!

Carleen

Shanna Blythe said...

Sheree,
ROFL!! I had to check out your blog today after our little talk this morning.

I had one teacher tell me to get out of her classroom because there just wasn't any room for anyone else and to LEAVE. It was very intimidating. I kind of wanted to leave the school and just fake the hours, but I did find another teacher to observe and she was fairly nice.

Man. Don't they realize how hard this is for us??

CitizenPain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CitizenPain said...

Here's the mathematical analysis of your Kent comment
1)Sick
2)Burn

1 (Sick) + 2 (Burn) = SICK BURN!

Who needs math anyway? Waste of time if you ask this guy.