Sunday, November 11, 2007

Top Five Movie Music Moments

So I am halfway finished with a paper, so I thought I would take a break in order to post an awe-inspiring list! I've been thinking about my favorite music moments in movies, and I've got an awesome list of my favorites. Now, as a rule, I eliminated songs from movie musicals (thus excluding Cannibal! The Musical, Team America, etc.). I also wanted songs that are in the movie proper, not credits songs (eliminating 8 Mile, The Breakfast Club, 9 to 5). Notable mentions go to Anchorman with "Afternoon Delight", Office Space with that "Damn, It Feels Good to Be a Gangster" song, Breakfast at Tiffany's "Moon River", and many more. So without further ado, here's my top five movie music moments:

5: Shaun of the Dead, "Don't Stop Me Now"--Queen

This is probably the awesomest way to beat down a zombie ever. In time to an awesome Queen song. What a great movie, aye? And this scene is definitely my fave. Awesome song, awesome movie, awesome scene.

4: Reservoir Dogs, "Stuck in the Middle With You"--Stealer's Wheel

This is the scariest thing ever. The dance, the ear! If I'm ever with you and this song comes on the radio, ask me nicely to do my reinactment of this scene. I do a mighty fine Mr. Blonde.

3: Lost in Translation, "Just Like Honey"--The Jesus and Mary Chain

Now, I almost gave this spot to Bill Murray singing "More Than This," which is one of my favorite songs and is perfect in the context of the film, but the end shot, with the whisper in the ear and this song in the background, is just so incredible. Perfection.

2: Almost Famous, "Tiny Dancer"--Elton John

There's something about the group sing-along in the bus that kills me. I really love this song, especially after this movie. It makes me want to bond with musicians on a tour bus in a non-sexual way.

1: Fight Club, "Where is My Mind?"--The Pixies
Holy cow. What a friggin' perfect way to end this movie. And a perfect song to boot. It speaks to the film's major themes of the movie, which sets my little English-lovin' heart aflutter. Awesome!

Anyone else have a favorite movie music moment?

2 comments:

sorensenpower said...

This post makes me want to watch Almost Famous. I love Tiny Dancer!

CitizenPain said...

Hey! I have a good one. Mine would be in the moviefilm The Lost Boys when Corey Lame shoots that black-haired vampire with a bow and arrow. As said vampire lurches backwards, the arrow that has punctured him through the chest stabs the stereo, switching on "Good Times" by INXS. The vampire totally gets electrocuted and explodes while the song is playing, after which Corey Lame says, "Death by stereo!" in his lame Corey Lame voice.