Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sheree's Top 10 Movies of 2007

Okay, folks, I've thought long and hard about which movies I've loved more than the others this year, and I've got a pretty good list. Mind you, I haven't see a few (Eastern Promises, Michael Clayton, Into the Wild, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead) yet, but here is my top 10 movies of 2007. Enjoy (and feel free to disagree in the comments):


1: No Country for Old Men--This movie was amazing. Beautifully shot and acted and it made me gasp more than any other of the year. Anton Chigurh is unspeakably terrifying. I loved this movie.


2: Juno--This movie is an extremely close second for me. This one was funny and happy and very real. I loved Ellen Page, Allison Janney, and J.K. Simmons in particular. Brilliant.


3: 3:10 to Yuma--Holy cow, a good western! Christian Bale was awesome, the action was intense, and the ending was gut-wrenching, yet appropriate.


4: Knocked Up and Superbad--I had to put these two together because I loved them both so much for different reasons. Knocked Up was so clever and suprisingly sweet, and Superbad is funnier every time I watch it. Favorite things: I loved seeing Bill Haverchuck looking like Matisyahu, Paul Rudd being sexy, and McLovin'. What can I say?


5: Waitress--This one I've got a love/hate relationship with. I love the movie, but the ending made me so sad, it almost didn't make my list. Nathan Fillion, why? But I've come to terms with it, and we are now friends. This movie is amazing. And has Nathan Fillion in it. Bonus!


6: Sweeney Todd--What an awesome movie! I loved the music, especially Johnny Depp's singing voice (sexy!). I've had the songs stuck in my head ever since. Plus, watching all the fakey blood and the grotesque meat pies while eating popcorn was an experience. Nice!


7: 300--This movie is not brilliant, but it was the most fun movie I saw in theaters this year. All those glistening Spartans kicking ass, what could be better? I loved Gerard Butler and Lena Headey particularly. Also, I love yelling "Madness? This... is... Sparta!" when someone disagrees with me. Then I kick something over near me, like a garbage can or a chair or a small person.


8: Hot Fuzz--Oh man, this movie is so freaking funny. If you love action movies, you'll love this one. I love the Point Break references particularly. Little hand says it's time to rock and roll!


9: Black Snake Moan--Now, I know a lot of people don't like this movie, but I really loved it. I loved the relationship between Christina Ricci and Samuel L. It was suprisingly sweet. Also, Samuel L. sings the blues. Awesome.


10: Ratatouille, Stardust, and Enchanted--This year was a good one for family-friendly cutesy movies like these three. I loved them all, despite their feel-good messages and cute characters. I loved everything about Ratatouille, the good-natured goofiness of Stardust, and Amy Adams and James Marsden in Enchanted. Will that guy ever get the girl in a movie? I mean think about it: lost the girl in X-Men, lost the girl in The Notebook, pretty much lost the girl in Superman Returns. Poor guy.


Honorable Mentions: Rescue Dawn, Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Grindhouse, Gone Baby Gone, Atonement.


So that's my rundown of 2007 (so far). Lemme know if I left your favorite movie off my list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn strait, Sheree! Damn strait!

Suzie said...

Hot Fuzz! Yes!

CitizenPain said...

A most epic list of fine moviefilms. Even those across the ocean think so!